FLEX IN PRIMARY CARE
FLEX is currently solving problems in a number of retail pharmacy & dental groups across UK & Ireland. The power and flexibility of the platform means the solution is still evolving but below is an idea of some of problems we are currently solving. It’s so much more than reporting!
SOME OF THE PROBLEMS WE ARE SOLVING IN PRIMARY CARE
Closing Process Gaps & Correcting Margin Leakage
Where ever there are multiple parties involved in a process there is potential for error and when these processes are related to money that means lost revenue. Using data from all sources we can identify the gaps, correct them and create savings.
- Reconciliations (PRSI, PCRS, NHS, health insurance providers, patients paid items, unclaimed EPS) – matching remittances with claim items and flagging missed claims.
- Net Price Validation – comparing contracted prices to invoiced prices and flagging differences. This is a check that often doesn’t happen and adds up, particularly when there are multiple stores involved.
- Overrides – uncategorized overrides at store level can lead to margin leakage. Providing 2-way communication with stores for a sign off, results in an immediate improvement (one of our customers saw a 70% reduction).
- Stock Gaps & Corrections – out of date stock costs money. We use data to flag stock items for action, before that happens.
- Missed NMS & Overdue MUR – we can use data to identify patients eligible for NMS and MUR so entitlements are not missed out on.
Saving Employee Time on Manual Tasks
Teams can spend up to 90% of their time managing data in multiple systems and particularly in Excel spreadsheets. The functionality of the platform and our data extraction capabilities allow us to to automate the import, export and general management of data, which has a massive impact on employee time! Some specific examples of data management in primary care:
- Procurement to Payment Process – we can introduce some simple automation and triggers, which allow us to automate the procurement to payment process.
- Account Preparation – some simple automation can make great time savings in for finance teams in the preparation of accounts.
- Auditing – the audit process can be completely streamlined, eliminating the need for paper, manual sending of emails, manual tracking and reporting. The function can be used for any type of audit (PSI/GPC, Front of Shop, health & safety, customer service, Rx process and more), enabling our customer to efficiently drive continuous improvement.
- Dentist Pay – dental groups with many dental associates/partners can spend a lot of time on processing payroll. Our solution can automate this process for dental groups.
- Rx Requests & EPS Nominations – automation of processes like these, can create a lot of time efficiencies within a group.
Real Insight With A Single View of All Data Sources
We understand that some customers may have already invested in reporting solutions, so for those customers we can either work with the existing reporting provider or use a combination. One of our customers uses FLEX for reports & dashboards at store level and an augmented MIS solution at head office. The future is FLEXible!
WHAT OUR CUSTOMERS SAY
“CARAGON have provided us with a suite of fully integrated tools that allows holistic analysis of data throughout all management levels within the business. This have proved extremely difficult for us to achieve previously. This increased efficiency has led to us spending far more time interpreting reports of our data (as opposed to preparing the reports), prioritising actions to take and has led to improved decision making. This has immediately delivered in terms of improved group performance and profitability.” CHRIS MONAGHAN